Water heater does not turn ON and no audible clicks.
- Ensure the ON/OFF switch at the bottom of the water heater is in the ON position.
- Ensure the 2 “D” batteries are in working condition and inserted properly in the correct position. If using the 12-volt feature for ignition, ensure the 12-volt accessory is connected properly on both ends (water heater and 12-volt power source). Ensure the 12-volt power source (e.g. 12-volt battery) is not depleted and working properly.
- Ensure the incoming water hose is connected to the water inlet of the water heater and the outgoing water hose (shower set) is connected to the water outlet. The water heater will not ignite if the connections are reversed.
- Check for debris in the water heater’s water inlet. The presence of debris in the water inlet screen may affect the incoming water pressure, which could prevent the flame from igniting.
- Verify the water pressure. The primary cause of non-ignition is insufficient water pressure. The water heater requires a minimum of 10 PSI of sustained water pressure to ignite the burner. Municipal water pressure is commonly rated at 60 PSI while most water pumps are rated at 40-60 PSI.
- If using a water pump for water pressure, try connecting the water heater to municipal water instead. Water pumps can sometimes provide mixed results based on the specifications and the connection configuration between the pump and water heater. Connecting the water heater to a different water source is the best way to determine if the problem is due to a configuration issue or a defective water heater.
- Check for any possible disconnected wires inside the water heater, which can sometimes occur during shipping. If a wire is disconnected, there will be no audible clicking sound from the ignition pins. To check the wires, ensure the gas supply is turned off, pull off the gas and water regulator knobs, and remove the screws holding the front panel in place. Remove the front panel and locate the disconnected wires toward the bottom of the water heater. The ignition controller may be defective.
For further support, please contact Onsen at: email@example.com or +1800-996-5559.